The Guilds of Practitioners

This blog is written and maintained by members of the Oley Freindschaft Guild of Braucherei Practitioners and of the Guild of Urglaawe Braucherei and Hexerei Practitioners.


The Oley Freindschaft recognizes the totality of the practice of Braucherei, which includes the contexts of Christianity and of Urglaawe.

The Guild of Urglaawe Braucherei and Hexerei Practitioners is dedicated to the advancement of these traditions within the Urglaawe context.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Charm for Prickly Heat and Cold Sores in the Urglaawe Context

This spoken charm is a removal charm for Prickly Heat (der Nachtbrand or die Hitzpocke). It can also be used for a cold sore (der Nachtbrandzetter). It was traditionally fairly common to pair charms or chants with symbolic or sympathetic actions or with an herbal remedy.

Newwel, Newwel, Nachtbrand
Ich scheech dich ab mit
Der abscheechende Hand.

Mist, Mist, Prickly Heat
I shoo thee away with 
The shooing hand.

Application of the Charm in the Urglaawe Context

This description applies to the use of the charm in the Urglaawe context.

In my case, I always use the left hand as the removing hand and the right hand as the application hand.

When I say chants, charms, or incantations, I often incorporate runes (Deitsch: singular is "die Roon" ("rohn") and plural is "die Raane" ("RAW-neh")) or runic energies into the process. The runes chosen can vary from incident to incident, plus bindrunes are also always options. For the purposes of this blog post, though, I am providing a bit of insight into the process by using simple descriptions.

"Postive" Energy vs. "Negative" Energy

In the case of Braucherei, particularly in the Urglaawe context, one must suspend the association of "postive energy = good" and "negative energy = bad." The terms in English that I will use for this description are "beneficial" and "detrimental," but positive energy can be either beneficial or detrimental. Likewise, negative energy can be either beneficial or detrimental. This differentiation is important in the use of runes as carriers of healing or removers of harm, so it is particularly important in the practice of Braucherei in the Urglaawe context.

While some of the rune associations or magical uses of runes have been known to Brauchers and Braucherins over the centuries, I am indebted to Ulf Asgardson (YYggssbok, pp. 81-82. Bloomington, IN: Author House, 2007) for his succinct descriptions of the 24 runes of the Elder Futhark with his 12 "elements" of Teutonic magic. I frequently include these element associations with Braucherei principles and circuit functions when activating the practice in the Urglaawe context.

Prickly Heat (Nachtbrand or Hitzpocke)

For Prickly Heat, the term "Nachtbrand" literally translates to "night fire" and "Hitzpocke" means "heat blisters," so from the perspective of Braucherei in the Urglaawe context, two runes that I could utilize would be those associated with the "element" of Fire. These runes are Fehu and Dagaz.

Fehu is the positive energy source and Dagaz is the negative Fire energy source. Let me be state once again that these terms do not mean one is bad or one is good. Either can be beneficial or detrimental depending on the circumstance.

In the case of Prickly Heat, which is a hot and angry affliction with positive energy, I would utilize the negative Dagaz with my left hand to extract the positive energy from the site of the ailment. I would alternate the left hand action with the insertion with my right hand of the negative Ice rune Naudhiz to cool the ailment and to assert the need of the healing.

Cold Sores (Nachtbrandzetter)

For cold sores, which are hot and angry with negative energy, I could use the same runes as for Prickly Heat. However, I  typically utilize the runes associated with the element of Venom, which are Eihwaz and Thurisaz. Eihwaz is the positive energy carrier, and Thurisaz is the negative (or reactive) energy carrier. Thus, I would pull with my left hand the negative energy out using the positive Eihwaz and would apply, with my right hand, the opposite, positive elemental (Air) rune, Ansuz.

I keep the respective rune in my mind while engaging in the functions. I can either trace the rune over the ailing area, or I can envision it in my mind, pulling with my left hand or pushing with my right, as appropriate. More details of rune uses in Braucherei and of hand gestures and uses will appear in upcoming blog articles or in future issues of Hollerbeer Haven.



3 comments:

  1. Hey Bruder! Cold sores are viruses, and they are interesting buggers, and they bed themselves deep within the body. I underwent a little demonstration of this when I recently had the flu, that was going around, and I had gone on a version of "The Master Cleanse" which had exacerbated the healing of the cold sores which broke out on my upper lip. I was doing a lot of raw fruit and green smoothies, which have a major cleansing effect on the body. It literally "roto-rooted" the virus OUT of me, however, it kept on re-appearing until it was "out". (3 times). I did not have this charm back in December, or else I would have used this. But when you are doing this healing, the cold sore, remember is the TIP OF THE ICEBERG here! There is a virus imbedded from an old illness lurking there. Through diet, food and herbs, and maybe some brauchering when it gets "tense" one can get old illnesses OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are various motivations behind why you ought to go for focal air conditioning.
    cheap split system

    ReplyDelete